Search This Blog

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Genesis,The Book of 2

Vid 1The Creation




The Bible:In The Beginning




Adam and Eve--A Garden Scene





Noah










Abraham










Abraham and Melchizedek




Lost cities of Bible




Joseph Movie








Superbook

Adam and Eve,Ge1-3




Cain and Abel, Ge4







Noah, Ge6-9




Abraham, Ge12-18,21,22




Isaac and Rebekah, Ge24







Esau and Jacob, Ge25:19





SB2


Abraham And Lot







Sodom and Gomorrah,Ge19




"The Test Of Obedience"







Jacob and Rachel









"Love at First Sight" - the above four episodes are the story of Abraham and Isaac, including the fall of Sodom and Gomorrah.




Joseph, Ge37,39-50






SB2

"Father's Pet"








"All About Dreams"



"The Hostage"










"The Family Reunion"




the above four episodes are the story of Joseph.




Bib1Yr:Is46-48Return To Me



The Scribal Error




Is This really right?When I was a young reader of the bible I was  reading  The Good News with Deuteronomicals(Today's English Version[TEV])

Noticing this:














James 1:13-14 GNB
If people are tempted by such trials, they must not say, “This temptation comes from God.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, and he himself tempts no one. But people are tempted when they are drawn away and trapped by their own evil desires.

and then I read the King James Version


King James Version

22:1 And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.


James 1:13-15King James Version

13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.


and then NIV

Genesis 22:1New International Version


Abraham Tested

22 Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, “Abraham!”


James 1:13-15 New International Version

13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.


So what did I do ... I changed tempt to tested,I'm a KJV user now

So I did the little research about it,I found this:

2 Samuel 24:1Authorized (King James) Version


24 And again the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.


and

And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel. (1 Chronicles 21:1)


 THE LORD

1 Chronicles 21

7  And God was displeased with this thing; therefore he smote Israel.

DAVID
2 Samuel 24

10 And David’s heart smote him after that he had numbered the people. And David said unto the Lord, I have sinned greatly in that I have done: and now, I beseech thee, O Lord, take away the iniquity of thy servant; for I have done very foolishly. 11 For when David was up in the morning, the word of the Lord came unto the prophet Gad, David’s seer, saying, 12 Go and say unto David, Thus saith the Lord, I offer thee three things; choose thee one of them, that I may do it unto thee. 13 So Gad came to David, and told him, and said unto him, Shall seven years of famine come unto thee in thy land? or wilt thou flee three months before thine enemies, while they pursue thee? or that there be three days’ pestilence in thy land? now advise, and see what answer I shall return to him that sent me. 14 And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let us fall now into the hand of the Lord; for his mercies are great: and let me not fall into the hand of man.

I better read Chronicles twice a day next time(2days 1 Chronicles and 2 days 2 Chronicles,I usually read them 1 day each). I don't like geneologies but at this little details, I've learn that it did make sense.

So the question is... where do we draw the line in changing the words in scripture


HEBREW  GENESIS   LINK




SATAN   whaelohym(thegods) tempt  are lost in translation







Not all Elohim points to the God of Israel link link 2  link 3  LINK 4









GOD. God.  god


LORD.   Lord.  lord



But how do we know seeing we don't look at Hebrew Bible?

The answer-----Know God's Character













God      Angel of the LORD









LORD here represents YHWH(Tetragrammaton),which you are to use only in respect to GOD(Tetragrammaton)


I think it is also applicable to other versions, so check your versions


GOD

KJV Webster and  1611

Ge6:5  2S12:22

KJV 1769(in bookstore)

GOD = Dt28:58   

Lord GOD(Most) = Ge15:2

God = Ge1:1

god = Ex7:1
gods = Ge3:5

N
LORD = Ex5:3
Lord = Dt10:17
lord = Ge18:12

Satan tempts God proves/trieth









Hebrews 11:17-19  King James Version  LINK


17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:

19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.










GOD corrected me of that bandwagon effect






No comments:

Post a Comment